The information in this section refers to past events. It is kept for archiving purposes only.
Conference DinnerThe conference dinner will take place on Friday, October 6th 2017, 9:00 p.m., at Restaurante Arriaga, the headquarters of award-winning chef Álvaro Arriaga. Situated in the loft of the Memoria de Andalucía tower, this venue offers a unique view over the town of Granada, the valley and the Sierra Nevada.
The menu will cater for vegetarian and other preferences. Those interested can book their seats (€50) at registration time.
Guided Tour through the medieval Albayzín districtICIQ3 delegates will have the opportunity to take part in a guided tour around the Albayzín district, a UNESCO heritage site (PDF map). The tour will be conducted in English by an expert in Art History.
The tour will take place on Thursday, October 5th 2017. The route will comprise the following places of interest (Google Maps):
Saint Christopher’s viewpoint (7:30 p.m)
The meeting point is at walking distance (approx. 18 min) from Gran Vía street. You can also take the N9 bus from Triunfo square. (All city-bus routes...)
- Saint Christopher’s Church, a blend of Gothic and Moorish styles
- Saint Bartholomew’s Church, built on an ancient cistern during the Renaissance
- Arco de las Pesas, a gateway to the city used by merchants during the 14th century
- Saint Nicholas’ viewpoint, which offers a splendid panoramic view of the Alhambra and the city of Granada
- Carmen de la Victoria, a beautiful example of a Granadino villa with a lush patio garden
- Paseo de los Tristes, a promenade along the Darro river, leading to the city centre (arrival at approx. 9:00 p.m.)
Those interested can book their places at a prime cost (€7) at registration time.
To learn more about historic sites in the Old Town, see our page on Granada.